Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of products will you be using in my home and are they safe?
We are proud to say that we always take our customers’ health into consideration. All of our cleaning products are free of soap, and are odorless, hypo-allergenic, and non-toxic with no/low VOCs. After the steam cleaning process, we always thoroughly flush and rinse with our High Flow System to leave your carpet completely residue-free. Our main cleaning products are made with natural ingredients that are totally safe and certified green.
- When can we walk on our carpet?
Our truck-mounted equipment is state-of-the-art and features superior water extraction. Our general guideline is 2-4 hours dry time. Always use discretion with the safety of moving about the home, as going from carpet to tile/hard surfaces can be hazardous. In general, the first room we clean is dry to the touch by the time we walk out the door. Of course, there may be exceptions depending on carpet fiber type, outside weather conditions, etc. We also offer our FLASH DRY service, which means your carpets are dry to the touch when we leave. Ask for details.
- Do you move furniture?
YES, we will move furniture, within reason. We are happy to move couches and chairs to clean behind them. In these cases, we then place plastic tabs or foam blocks underneath the feet to avoid damage to the carpet. End tables, coffee tables, and nightstands must be free of your personal items before we can move them. If we feel that an item is too fragile to handle, we will notify you during our walk through. Always try to expose as much carpeted area as possible. Please make sure that all of your personal items are up and off the floor and that there is no trash or debris on the carpet.
- What is the method used to clean carpets and upholstery?
For residential cleaning we use hot steam extraction or (HWE) hot water extraction, driven by the most powerful truck-mounted system available – AMTEX INFERNO. This method is the only one recommended by Shaw and Mohawk, the largest manufacturers of carpet in the world. For commercial properties we utilize a low moisture technique called encapsulation. This is a low moisture technique designed for commercial glue-down carpet. Encapsulation may be an option for some multi-level complexes and high rise buildings. Our HI FLOW flushing technique combined with 220 degree steam and powerful extraction leaves your carpet fresh and clean with ZERO RESIDUE and never any funky chemical smells.
- We have pet odor – can you get rid of it?
Yes. The origin of pet odor in your home may be coming from several different locations. Urine may be present in the carpet itself, the pad, baseboards, tacks trips, subfloor (wood under pad), or even into the concrete slab. Light surface contamination can usually be treated with a topical enzyme followed by HI FLOW flush and rinse. When the urine has penetrated through the backing of the carpet and into the pad, a deep extraction (SUBFLOOR) from the pad may be necessary. We use a specialized tool called a Flash Extractor that forms a seal to the carpet and extracts from the pad. We are highly skilled at removing contamination from carpet and pad and have a high success rate of complete odor neutralization. However, in some cases the carpet and pad may have permanent damage and need replacement.
- Do you vacuum before service?
Yes, within reason. We ask that you please vacuum at least twice in the week before your service, once the day before. We will do a light vacuum on the day of service, as well. This is very important, as we want all loose contamination to be removed before the steam cleaning process. If there is excessive pet hair build up in the carpet, there will be an additional fee, as it takes extra time to remove this matter.
- What do I need to know on the day of my service?
Here are a few tips to keep in mind on the day of your service –
1. Please DO NOT schedule any other contractors in your home on the same day as we will be there.2. Please make sure that there is a spot to park in the driveway or with direct access to the front of the residence.3. We love children and pets but for their safety we ask that they are kept away from the area being cleaned.
4. Water and electricity need to be turned on in the home.
5. Please make sure the floors are vacuumed and ready to go, we offer a light surface vacuum as well.
6. Payment is due at time of service. If you need to leave before we are finished, please secure payment and we will be happy to lock up for you. We accept Cash, Check and CC with 2.75% fee.
7. We will call 30 – 45 minutes before your scheduled service time to make sure you are home. WE WILL CALL 3 TIMES BEFORE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT – IF NO ANSWER WE WILL NOT CONTINUE ENROUTE TO YOUR HOME.
8. MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS ON AND YOU ARE AVAILABLE 30 – 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT!
- How do I know you will be on time? I mean, I got the house ready. You’ll show up right?
We are a small, family-run business that takes great pride in old school, quality work ethics. We are prompt and always stay in contact. When you book an appointment with us, you are immediately locked in our reservation system. We will not overbook your reservation time. All our work is guaranteed to amaze. If you are not happy with the results of our service, we will not accept payment.
- How long will it take for my carpet to dry?
On average, you can expect about 2-4 hours dry time. Of course, there can be variables like carpet type and outside weather conditions. We also offer our High Speed FLASH DRY service, which will have your carpets dry to the touch by the time we leave.
- Why should I use Robere Carpet Care?
I was once told by my mentor, “Don’t try to start a business. Find a problem and solve it. The business will follow.” So, what was the problem I saw? CUSTOMER SERVICE! Let’s face it. We live In a CUSTOMER NO SERVICE WORLD!
I changed that. I put customer service FIRST!
What does that mean, exactly? When I schedule an appointment with you, my customer, you are locked in my calendar, and your booking is rock solid. I will be on time and will stay in communication. You get ME, Brian Robere—the OWNER of this business—on every job. From time to time, I will have an assistant with me that has been selected to provide the same level of expertise that I provide. Sure, I could easily expand, but impersonal growth is not what I’m after. I prefer to keep quality control in check and strive to have a more personable relationship with my customers, therefore operating with a smaller client base. I spend an average of 80 classroom/clinic hours annually learning new techniques and procedures in order to always provide my customers with the best possible service.
All the equipment I run on my truck is state-of-the-art, the most advanced in the industry. All equipment is maintained to operate at peak performance, all the time. I have over 5000 completed invoices with customers over the years, for jobs ranging from carpet to natural stone. There is very little that we haven’t seen before. We are not guessing on anything! We get it done right. If we can’t get it out, nobody can!
My personal Guarantee to you, the customer:
- I WILL always be fair, honest, and reliable.
- I WILL always treat your home or business with the utmost respect.
- I WILL always provide the highest level of cleaning, never cutting corners.
- I WILL always show up on time, well groomed/dressed in uniform.
- I WILL always provide AMAZING results. If you are not happy with the level of service I provide, DON’T PAY ME!!!
- I WILL NOT ever be dishonest.
- I WILL NOT bang up your baseboards or damage your home in anyway.
- I WILL NOT leave tacky, soapy residue in your carpet.
- I WILL NOT be late.
- I WILL NOT leave you disappointed!